The South African Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences was established to serve its members, to entrench the importance of the pharmaceutical profession and, in the public interest, to foster expertise in the pharmaceutical sciences by:
- providing a forum for free interchange and dissemination of scientific knowledge and skills by means of meetings, congresses, discussion groups and publications;
- encouraging high standards of research and education in the pharmaceutical sciences;
- encouraging contributions of excellence in the pharmaceutical sciences by providing suitable recognition and award
- encouraging active participation in proceedings and activities of the scientific and pharmaceutical communities on national and international levels; and
- initiating and executing any further activities deemed expedient to realise this mission.